Career Spotlight: Personal Assistant
Life is busy. And sometimes the day to day tasks can just be too much for one person alone. Whether it is need assistance as a busy executive, or personal help to stay on top of things with efficiency, a personal assistant can be the perfect solution. Personal assistants are adept in working in either a home or office setting and can help keep life running as smoothly as possible. Personal assistants have a variety of different responsibilities.
- Acting as a first point of contact for busy executives or managers
- Organizing the home
- Managing schedules and appointments
- Booking and arranging travel, transportation, and accommodations
- Organizing events and conferences
- Personal shopping or business-related errands
- Preparing reports and presentations
- Managing filing, e-mails, or databases
This is a general list of to-dos that personal assistants can do. However, it is important to note that depending on the employer, some duties may vary.
What skills are needed to be a successful personal assistant?
While there is no formal training is usually required, some employers may require candidates to have a degree in communications or business. Or they may want to see experience in administration or managerial work. The key skills required for a personal assistant include:
- Trustworthiness and discretion, as there is likely exposure to confidential information
- Flexibility, as days and duties are not always routine
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Great organizational skills
- Proactive attitude
- Knowledge of basic office software
- Willingness to learn
Personal assistant jobs are available in a variety of settings. It could be a public or private office setting, non-profit organization, or for celebrity individuals or families. This career can be very rewarding and gives people who enjoy helping others a sense of accomplishment.
Looking for a personal assistant position? Contact us today to let our team at Household Staffing find a personal assistant job that’s right for you.