Private client home office, located in Coral Gables, Florida, is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Administrative Assistant to join their team. The ideal candidate will be a team player with strong organizational skills, critical thinking abilities, and excellent time management. If you are a proactive problem solver with exceptional attention to detail and a positive, can-do attitude, this could be a great opportunity!
As an Administrative Assistant, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of the office and supporting various functions within the company. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Administrative Skills: Perform various administrative tasks such as basic bookkeeping, managing multiple deadlines, calendar management, document organization and filing, document composition (Word and Excel), scanning, faxing, emailing, and answering phones.
Document Management: Establish and maintain a robust filing system for financial, business, and personal documents in compliance with federal, state, and local agency requirements.
Team Support: Act as a team player by running errands as needed (e.g., to Whole Foods, FedEx, post office), performing light food preparation, surface cleaning, and assisting with special events.
Financial Support: Assist the Financial Business Manager and Accountant in locating and updating documents within the filing system, perform light bookkeeping tasks, and process accounts payables/receivables.
Record Keeping: Organize and post invoices, credit card receipts, cash receipts, banking deposits, and withdrawals.
Communication: Handle incoming calls and other communications professionally and efficiently.
Office Maintenance: Maintain common areas and staff offices by organizing, light cleaning, and restocking supplies.
Adaptability: Be adaptable to changing paces and environments, balancing multiple tasks while maintaining accuracy.
Flexibility: Perform various roles and willingly take on duties that may fall outside the typical office assistant responsibilities.
Confidentiality: Exhibit the utmost integrity by maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with general office equipment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to pass a full background check.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Fluent in English (Spanish proficiency is a plus).
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation.
Preferred, but not required:
- Proficiency in QuickBooks.
- Proficiency in Outlook.
- Background in finance, accounting, or business.
- Proficiency in Google Suite.
- Health, dental, and life insurance (available after a 60-day waiting period).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- 6 holidays.
- Monday to Friday, 10:30 AM to 7:00 PM (must be flexible and willing to stay late as needed).
- Salary: $30+ DOE