Private family looking to hire a Cook with experience in Arlington, MA working Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Starting at 10 or 11 am to 7 pm or 8 pm with a guaranteed 25-hour week.
Hours are flexible to work Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday as another option.
The family has dinner parties at least once a month with friends and you would be required to work during the dinner parties to cook, set up, and clean.
The Ideal Candidate: They would like someone who appreciates the value they bring to the household. Now it's just the two of them, in a 2000 Sq/Ft home. They are looking for someone who has a passion for cooking and wants to learn to make healthy meals for lunch and dinner. They have recipes to follow and help teach you to cook meals. They love Italian, Asian, and Indian food.
The home is organized and the job is mainly cooking.
Their boys come home from college during their break so the house gets a little busy.
What Works Best for Family: They don't need someone super skilled, just someone ready to learn and capable of growing with them. My client's management style is trusting and quite hands-off. They do quite a bit of international travel, so the candidate will be paid when they travel and asked to go to the home once in a while to check on the house and do light housekeeping as needed to keep the home clean
In the summer they go to Nantucket, and they would appreciate it if the candidate came to Nantucket with them. They have a private room for you to stay and meals are covered.
They have cleaners in Nantucket but the candidate would be in charge of cooking and they do have company staying with them during the summers
Requested Duration: long-term
About the Family
Current Staff: The cook/housekeeper is leaving and she was with the family for 8 years
- Cooking: Someone who has a passion for learning to cook, and follow recipes, and is willing to learn to make meals, especially for dinner. Lunch is mainly salads, soup, and meals that are simple.
- Errands: Daily Grocery Shopping
- Driving: Required
- Travel: Domestic Travel Required
- Languages: English
- Experience: 5 plus Years of Experience
- References: Minimum of 2 References
- Background: Pass stringent background checks and drug testing upon offer of hire
- Personality Traits: Willing to learn, independent, trustworthy, reliable, and loyal
- Salary: $40 to $45/hr on the payroll for a 25-hour week schedule plus living in Nantucket during the summer the hours would be 35 to 40-hour work week.
- Living Accommodations: Live Out
- Vacation: 2 weeks
- Live-in during the summers in Nantucket