Busy Family is looking to hire an Experienced, Dedicated Housekeeper to join their home in Tenafly, NJ!
About the Family: This family, with a rich history of having trustworthy staff as part of their family, is seeking a new addition to their household to handle the essential cleaning tasks and help keep their home in tip-top shape. They have a house manager/cook who's been with them for 15 years. Recently, one of their long-standing housekeepers relocated to Florida after 16 years with them, creating an opening for someone exceptional like you! Additionally, the family's cultural background includes Brazilian heritage, and Portuguese is spoken in the household. If you can speak Portuguese or have experience with Brazilian culture, it's a bonus.
The Ideal Candidate: A dedicated and reliable housekeeper looking for a long-term opportunity. Someone who is hard-working, proactive, and knows there is always something that can be done. Must have experience working in large, private homes!
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform basic cleaning tasks, including thoroughly cleaning bedrooms and bathrooms, and ensuring beds are neatly made.
- Light laundry (ironing handled by their weekend laundress), making beds, and tidying all rooms. The family sends their bed linens to the dry cleaners to be laundered and ironed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all rooms, including the bathrooms and the kitchen.
- Keep refrigerator and all appliances spotless.
- Organize closets and the pantry for efficient use.
- Tidy any areas of the house that have been used, keeping things organized.
- Maintain cabinets and closets in an orderly fashion.
- Ensure the overall house is kept tidy at all times.
- Undertake special projects as needed, such as cleaning light fixtures, polishing silver, etc.
- Assist with entertaining as needed.
- During the summer months they have an outdoor kitchen, cabana, and pool area that will need to be cleaned and maintained.
**The family also has a deep cleaning crew that comes every two weeks to handle the really deep cleaning (i.e. taking apart the couches and getting into the cushions, etc., getting up high and dusting bookshelves, etc…)
What Works Best for Family: This is a family with three lively children, so a positive attitude is a must! A proactive, detail-oriented, reliable housekeeper who takes pride in their work will thrive in this role for many years to come and become a part of a warm and welcoming family environment!
Requested Duration: Long-term – 10+ years
About the Family
Dogs: 2 (Sweet Bernedoodles)
Current Staff: Head of Household/Chef (Overseas Housekeeping), Laundress (on weekends), Deep Cleaning Crew (comes every 2 weeks)
Home SQFT: Approx. 8,000 Sq. Ft.
- Childcare: 03 Children, Ages 17 years (G), with family part-time, on weekends, school vacations, etc., 16 years (B), 8 years (G) – No defined childcare as part of the role but if you have experience and the children love you, huge plus!
- Housekeeping: Full Housekeeping Required
- Cooking: No Cooking Required
- Laundry: Some Laundry Required
- Errands: Dry Cleaners; Post Office, Etc.
- Driving: Preferred, Not Required
- Travel: No Travel Required
- Work Hours: Ideally Tues-Sat: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM but can be flexible with a different day off during the week, would like Saturday included in work hours.
- Languages: English
- Experience: 05 Years of Experience
- References: Minimum of 2 References
- Background: Pass stringent background checks and drug testing upon offer of hire
- Personality Traits: Trustworthy, Proactive, Experienced in private homes, Reliable, Positive Attitude, Friendly, Dedicated, and Hard-Working
- Salary: $30/hour, DOE
- Living Accommodations: Live Out
- Vacation: 3 weeks