HNW Established Couple with a semi-formal household is seeking and experienced Domestic Couple to work and live-in their Free Union, Virginia Estate. The desired couple must be nonsmokers, professional, pleasant, hardworking, reliable, honest, flexible and willing. Must use their own initiative and be pro-active. Must be committed and responsible; must have a passion in cooking and in service. Must have discretion and confidentiality in mind. Past experience and longevity in a job is important. Proficient in the English language. Knowledge of Spanish an asset and must be computer literate.
As a couple, all the tasks as a Butler and Housekeeper/Cook include:
• The provision of all meals, shopping for food and other necessities, and formal table service. The responsibility for maintaining household supplies, overseeing housekeepers, and when housekeepers are absent general housekeeping (making beds etc.). The care of silver, antiquities and employers delicate clothing and personal belongings.
• Responsibility for and management of the estate’s principle residence including overseeing mechanical rooms, pools maintenance, heating & air-conditioning systems etc. When employers are not in residence, the overall responsibility of estate oversight and maintenance of residence as well as the completion of tasks and jobs best performed in their absence such as updating of inventories, and replacement of supplies, carpet cleaning, window washing, pest control, silver polish, knives sharpening etc.
• Joint duties and responsibilities should be divided according to expertise, experience and training to avoid duplication of job. In this regard one of you shall be primarily responsible to manage the household checking account and provide records for bookkeeping. Basic computer skill is a must.
• Supervise and assist daily help. Other employees on the estate have their specific duties and must be doing their own jobs. They must be responsible for completing their own duties and responsibilities.
• Employers entertain family and friends and occasionally large groups for which caterers are used and couple will be responsible for overseeing and management of event.
• Coordinate with suppliers and set up appointments with numerous maintenance people e.g. plumbers, pool maintenance, electrician etc. Organize and maintain a log for suppliers. Contractors etc. Make sure you know when they come and when they depart. Follow up till task is completed satisfactorily.
• Coordinate with suppliers and set up appointments with numerous maintenance people e.g. plumbers, pool maintenance, electrician etc. Organize and maintain a log for suppliers. Contractors etc. Make sure you know when they come and when they depart. Follow up till task is completed satisfactorily
Household budget and liaise with Head office controller. Work closely with employer’s PA as part of the estate team.
The couple must be prepared to care for pets if any and must be aware of health and safety, cleanliness and tidiness and food hygiene
Compensation: $150,000 – $200,000 DOE